YMCA Group Exercise Classes – Group Exercise classes are included in your membership at the Newport County YMCA in Middletown and at Common Fence Point in Portsmouth.
Pool & Basketball Gymnasium – Available for adult, senior, family and youth use. Pick up a Pool and Basketball Gymnasium schedule at the Welcome Center.
Wellness Center & Weight Room – Included in your YMCA membership is access to the Y’s Wellness Center. All our staff are trained and qualified to assist you in reaching your goals. We offer a free orientation to every member to ensure safety and assistance in developing a workout program suited for your needs.
Our facilities include:
- Cardio room complete with Treadmills, Rowers, Spinning Bikes, Cybex Recumbent Bikes, ArcTrainers, Stair Masters, Versa-Climbers, Elliptical Trainers and Precors.
- Circuit room featuring the dynamic technology of the Prestige VRS ™ line from CYBEX®.
- Weight room includes Hammer Strength, Smith machines, Cybex Strength Equipment, Kettlebells and free weights.
- Our new Functional Fitness room! Including the MATRIX Connexus system, punching bags, rowers, kettlebells, TRX, Barre, jump ropes and more!
- Please call 847.9200, ext. 121 or ext. 132 to make an appointment with your certified trainer
Shower & Locker Room Facilities – There are five locker rooms within our facility: one each for men, boys, girls and two for women. Children age 3 through age 14 use the girls’ and boys’ locker rooms. Lockers are available in each of the locker rooms daily. You must bring your own padlock and remove it at the end of your daily visit. Locks and lock extenders are sold at the Welcome Center and half and full-size lockers are available for rental on a month to month basis. Please see the Welcome Center for more information.
Steam & Sauna – A steam room and sauna are in both the men’s and women’s locker rooms.
Water Exercise Classes
AOA (Active Older Adult)
Family Treehouse (child watch)
The YMCA offers child watch for the children of members while the parents are using the facility. This service is offered free of charge to Newport County YMCA members. Schedules and additional information are available in the Family Treehouse room or at the Welcome Center. Due to popular demand this is on a first come, first serve basis. No Reservations. Time in Family Treehouse is determined by the child’s age.
Monday-Friday 8:30AM – 1:15PM and 4:00PM – 7:30PM
Saturday 8:15AM -12:15PM
High volume time is from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Be aware that there may be a wait.
Priority Registration on Programs and Reduced Rates