We help members achieve balance by watching their kids while they work out. Our Child Watch is staffed with people who enjoy and understand kids.
Here are some important details:
- Child Watch is for children ages 6 months through 12 years.
- All children cared for in Child Watch may receive care for no longer than two hours each day.
- For the safety of those in our care, we limit the number of children in Child Watch at one time.
- Child Watch availability is on a first-come-first-serve basis; reservations will not be accepted at this time.
- Child Watch is free for all Newport County YMCA members; reciprocal access from other Y facilities will not be allowed.
- The adult(s) utilizing Child Watch for their child(ren) must remain in the building while their child(ren) are signed in.
- Sneakers are required to be worn while using the Ninja Rig; no open-toed shoes or slip-on shoes will be allowed.
Child Watch Hours
Child Watch FAQs
The Child Watch area is divided between two age groups: 6 months to 5 years old and 6 years to 12 years old. Kids in the older age group will be able to use the Kids Adventure side of the Child Watch area.
Each child is allotted 2 hours maximum per day; parents must stay at the Y during this time period.
Child Watch is available to Newport County YMCA members ONLY; reciprocal access from other Y locations will not be accepted in the Child Watch area.
Parents must first check-in at the Welcome Center to verify their membership. From there, children will need to be escorted to the Child Watch area by their parent(s). Parents will need to provide a valid form of ID when dropping off their child at the Child Watch area. Parents will not be allowed to leave the facility while their child is in the Child Watch area. The parent who drops off their child in the Child Watch area will also need to sign them out at pick-up.
Please feed your child prior to coming to the Y as we will not provide or allow any snacks or meals to the child in Child Watch.
If a child requires a diaper change, Child Watch staff will come find the parent to change their diaper; diapers will not be provided.