Inclusion Programs are available to individuals of all abilities; classes are specifically designed to include adaptations to activities that encourage participation. All group classes are 45-minutes once a week and are free to all participants due to the generosity of The Fogarty Foundation, NewportFed Charitable Foundation, and generous private donations.
- Adult Sports Group- Each week a new sport is selected and played. Skills will be taught for each sport.
- Walking Group- This is a family program that will begin in the Newport County YMCA facility and progress to walking out in the community. Specialized for those who need assistance when walking and who may have balance issues.
*Please note: this program is currently unavailable due capacity limitations. We welcome all members to make a reservation for Lap Swim, Recreation Lane, and/or Water Fitness classes.
- Adult Water Weights- This class will include music and movement in the water. We will be in the shallow end of the pool and work on different locomotor movements and resistance moves in the pool.
- Adult Social Swim- Will focus on cooperation and social skills through games in the water. The participant must be able to swim, or an adult needs to be in the water with the participant
- Adult Strength Training- This program is for adults who want to learn new workout routines they can do both at the YMCA and at home. The class will utilize cardio equipment, circuit training and items. All exercises can be completed sitting or standing.
- DAPPers- A program that will increase coordination and flexibility, improve balance and gait, enhance awareness of your own body and your aliveness through movement for individuals with Parkinson’s. *This class is currently offered through Zoom.
- Sensory Spin- This “sensory-friendly” introduction to spin is a great option for all abilities! The music will be played on a lower volume and the gymnasium lights will remain on but low.
- ZUMBA Gold- Helps you stretch and tone your body while moving to fun, upbeat, and choreographed music.
- Drums Alive- enters a new and different area of fitness. Feel and experience dynamic movement and rhythm with this energetic program. Beats and movement are combined in this workout for mind, body and spirit
Adult Social Night- For Adults of all ability levels, ages 18+ years-old. We will be hosting social nights once a month with a different theme for each month.
Private Swim– Our Aquatics Department has Swim Angelfish certified instructors capable of designing swim lessons for individuals of all abilities. Please contact Emily Cush at email@example.com for availability.
Personal Fitness Training– An individualized introduction to our Wellness Center and Weight Room. Individual programs are designed to help individuals of all abilities succeed towards their fitness goals.